May is National Leave a Legacy Month, a time set aside to recognize the myriad ways charitable organizations benefit the community.
A planned gift, regardless of the size, has the power to change lives for generations to come. Naturally, we hope you will include Hospice of Michigan in your estate plans, but the most important thing is that you make the choice. Thoughtfully planned, an estate gift allows you to enhance your own and your family’s financial well-being while fulfilling your philanthropic goals.
Importantly, you don’t have to be rich to make a difference. Even a small amount can have a big impact over time. Here are some ways—big and small—where you can have an impact:
- A gift of appreciated assets, such as stocks or securities
- A bequest* to the charity in your existing will or living trust
- Naming the charity as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy, retirement plan or IRA
- A charitable gift annuity with Hospice of Michigan
- A donor-advised fund with your community foundation
- A charitable remainder trust may benefit you, your family and friends, and your charity of choice
Click here to learn how you can have an impact.
*Bequest designations in a will, revocable trust, insurance policy or retirement plan are generally revocable and may be changed during your lifetime. However, charitable gift annuities and certain trusts are irrevocable and funds may not be returned once transferred.